Tuesday, May 01, 2007

THE "SPECIAL ONE"

Pardon me for any ill feelings that may be left on any individuals at the conclusion of this post. The introduction of this post is simply to vent a few feelings that I may have at the state of European Football. I would first like to recognize the Herculean efforts put forward by the entire Liverpool F.C. players, coaches, and supporters all across the world. We showed without a doubt that we have what it takes to compete on the grandest of stages in European football. Referring the headline of my post Jose Mourinho has shown that he is indeed the "special one" as whenever he faces Liverpool in this competition, and indeed any knockout competition his tactics seem retarded or to be politically correct "special" when facing Rafa Benitez. Who in the hell would place Robben and Geremi to take such important kicks. Looking at the situation though, he had little choice as no one from his team looked quite capable. In the end my team triumphed which is what I am concerned with the most. We do not care to dwell on the failures of others. We look forward to knowing who our opponents will be in this year’s final so as to begin our preparations. To me it doesn’t matter who we face, I have no preference. All I ask again is that my team goes out a makes a game of it which is what has lead us to the finals so far. We are unafraid, resolute, and indefatigable. All these attributes we will bring to Athens. Will your team be there?

No comments: